Monday, March 5, 2012

It's A Dud!

At the beginning of this blog
I made a promise...

Here, let me quote it for you,
"My friends can always count on me to share the great recipes I've found and keep it real when I find something that doesn't work."

When I made that promise I didn't realize how hard
it would be to write up a blog post 
on something that didn't pass the "thumbs-up" test.

Well, I guess it had to happen sometime.
Here is the first dud...
I'm sure there will be more. 
And you can count on me to fess up.


This recipe was for taco cups. The general idea was to use crescent dough formed in a muffin pan to use as the tortilla. I filled the cups with all the usual players; seasoned ground beef, lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, avocado, and salsa. The taste testers were unanimous ~ no one liked the crescent cups. I think it's because they are not crunchy and they have a subtle sweetness. Tacos are not always crunchy, but the tortilla is usually either bland or somewhat salty.

I have all the pictures I normally take for step-by-step instructions, but that seems a little silly at this point. Instead of putting all that information onto this post I'll spend time making another tab for my front page. This one will be titled "It's A Dud". Hopefully as this blog continues there will be few posts under that heading, but I've been cooking long enough and had my share of duds so I know they can't all be "thumbs-up" recipes.

What's the craziest recipe you've ever tried? Did it work? Or was it a dud? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments. Although it looks like you have to be a member or leave an email address, you can just leave those fields blank if you'd prefer to be anonymous.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!
Denise