Monday, February 6, 2012

Let's Get This Party Started!

   My very first post on my very first blog...I'm so excited! I really am. I've been thinking about starting a recipe/helpful hints/random thoughts blog for some time. My life has always been so hectic, so I told myself I'd get going on it when "things settle down". I now believe that time will never come.
   Almost a year ago I retired from my job as an accounts coordinator for a busy optometrist's office. At about the same time my part-time job of taking care of my elderly mother ended as she moved three hours away to be closer to 4 of my siblings. I thought I would be sitting around with nothing to do, but far from it! I keep very busy with my husband who I'll call GoodMan (because he is), my 5 sons, their 5 lovely ladies, and my 16 (yes, that's not a typo!) grandkids.

(This is just some of my big, happy, rowdy crew!)

   One of my favorite things is cooking for my family. I love to try new dishes and get their reactions. The little ones get in on the act by giving me their "thumbs-up", "thumbs-down", or even a "thumb-wavering-in-the-middle" for everything I make. That in itself can make for some fun dinner conversations.
   I have great plans to try lots of new recipes and even make some old tried-and-true ones. I'll post pictures and let you know how they fare with my critics. I hope you'll join me as I "dish up" some great food as well as "dish up" some fun family stories!
  Tomorrow I'll post the pictures and the recipe for an old favorite ~ Crock Pot Hamburger Oriental. This is an easy, yummy dish that's wonderful for working moms to put together before work and return to a dinner in the time it takes to cook the rice. Stop by tomorrow and check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to your posts! Your creative writing and your great recipes make for some fun posts to read ... and some great recipes to try. Someday (even if you wait until Christmas) would you be willing to share the "Heathe Deneathe" recipe? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments. Although it looks like you have to be a member or leave an email address, you can just leave those fields blank if you'd prefer to be anonymous.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!
Denise