Saturday, February 18, 2012

Great Wolf Lodge Weekend



We're off to my family's 5th Annual Great Wolf Lodge Weekend! Each year GoodMan and I provide hotel rooms and a pizza party for our sons and their families one weekend in February as our Christmas gift for the adults. It has been a real blessing for me! I don't have the stress of trying to figure out what size/color/brand gift to get for my sons and daughters-in-law, I don't have to wrap a gazillion gifts, and I get to enjoy having them all together another time throughout the year...It's a win-win for me.



The weekend will be full of waterslides, kiddie pools, pizza, a birthday celebration, MagiQuest, story time at the Great Tree, lots of laughter, and catching up on each other's lives. Our group will include 4 sons (one won't be making it this year), 5 lovely ladies, 16 grandchildren ranging in age from 3 months to 16 years, 2 friends (for the teenagers), and Papa and Gramma. And you can be certain at one point of the weekend GoodMan and I will catch each other's eye and will share a moment reflecting on what an enormous blessing our family is to us! 

I cooked up some unique treats like "Neapolitan Sundae Cupcakes To-Go", "Peanut Butter Brownie Bites", and "Omelet Muffins" for my gang to enjoy during our weekend together.  I'll be sharing those recipes with you in the coming days along with pictures and stories of my family's time together at Great Wolf Lodge.

Take a sneak peek at the treats...recipes soon to follow.

Neapolitan Sundae Cupcakes To-Go

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

And Omelet Muffins for Sunday's breakfast


I hope your weekend is wonderful too!!
~Denise

2 comments:

  1. When do we get the recipe for the omelet muffins???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out today's post. I have a few posts written up in advance and I just schedule them to publish on a chosen day and time.

      When you see a time and date stamp on my posts it just means I scheduled it to post in the middle of the night.

      Love you kiddo!

      Delete

I'd love to read your comments. Although it looks like you have to be a member or leave an email address, you can just leave those fields blank if you'd prefer to be anonymous.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!
Denise